A professional carpet cleaner can make your old, dingy carpet look like it was freshly installed, but only if you find the right company for the job. There is a big difference between a quality carpet cleaner and a mediocre one, so you need to make sure you do your research before investing in the wrong services. Here are some tips to help you find the best professional carpet cleaner for the job.
Signs of a Trustworthy Professional Carpet Cleaner
Here are some of the basic indicators of a good carpet cleaner:
- Years of experience in the industry
- Professional licensure and certification
- Professional training
- Membership in a professional association
- Satisfaction guarantee or service warranty
- Strong customer service skills
- Positive reviews
Some of this information, like membership in a professional association, may be local or international. Simply talk to the professional carpet cleaner to find out what the company’s credentials are. Ask how the workers are trained, and what kinds of equipment are used for carpet cleaning. The more you know, the easier it will be to make an informed decision.
Signs You Should Steer Clear
No matter how many carpet cleaning companies you sort through, there is always a chance of finding a few bad ones in the bunch. It’s just as important to know what to avoid as it is to know what to look for. Here are some indicators of a not-so-trustworthy professional carpet cleaner:
- Low introductory rates
- Bad customer service reviews
- Inadequate customer service skills
- No warranty or guarantee
- Limited cleaning options
Most of these reasons are fairly self-explanatory, except for low introductory rates. The reason you have to watch out for this is because a lot of sly carpet cleaners will use low rates like this as a way to gain customers. Then they will upcharge those customers for their services after the introduction time has expired, and they will lure customers into a binding contract along the way. You could be paying twice as much for carpet cleaning when you decide you need it again, and by that time, it will be too late. You will be locked in for a rate you don’t want to pay.
Factors That Determine Which Professional Carpet Cleaner Is Right For You
When you start searching for a professional carpet cleaner, keep these questions in mind:
- Do I need a commercial carpet cleaner or a residential carpet cleaner? Some companies offer both services, but they use different equipment for each setting. You will need the equipment suited for your carpet.
- Do I need a general cleaning throughout the carpet, or do I have specific stains I need to tackle? If additional time, chemicals, or tools are needed for the initial cleaning, you may be charged a small fee on top of the standard monthly rate.
- How old is my carpet? Older carpeting often requires more delicate cleaning solutions because the carpet fibers are not as durable as they used to be.
- Does the pricing sound too good to be true? Get a quote from the professional carpet cleaner, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
By going over these questions in your head before hiring a professional carpet cleaner, you will be able to narrow down your options considerably.
Our experts will conduct a comprehensive analysis of your facility and tailor a floor maintenance program to keep your building looking its best. Call us for a free assessment at 410-780-9800 or use our online form.